Shoe Box Scanning
Preserving Your Memories: Shoe Box Scanning!
Hate that your precious photos and old home movies are fading fast and have not been viewed for years? Would you feel safer knowing that all your precious memories where archived properly? Photographs and video’s are delicate and easily susceptible to damage so that is why MotoPhoto has designed a service in order to help protect what matters most to you… Shoe box scanning!
Once your pictures have been scanned by our professional staff they will maintain their original beauty for generations to come. You will also finally be able to create more with your photos once they are digital images. Create Photo-books, DVD’s, slideshows, and even share online… the possibilities are endless!
Even if you only have just a few photos that you would like to digitize, we have a scanner hooked up to our kiosk in the store so you can scan on your own. Our trained professionals will be there to help you if you need it. Once you scan your images you can create a CD right from the kiosk and walk out with it that very day!
How To Prepare Your Prints For Shoe Box Scanning
- Only loose individual photos qualify for shoe box scanning so remove photos from albums, frames or envelopes.
- Please take the time to make sure no stickers, staples, paper clips, post-it notes, etc are attached.
- Remove all tape, glue or any other form of attachment from all of your prints.
- If you would like your photos to be scanned in a specific order then please write the number on the back of each photo.
- Shoe Box scans are available on print sizes 2½x3½ to 8×12. Larger and smaller photos will be charged separately.
Please Note: Yes, anything (i.e. water marks, scratches, pen marks, crease lines etc.) that is on the photograph will be scanned and be visible on the scan. SPECIAL NOTE – It is our policy to make every effort possible to protect the rights of professional photographers. We will not accept clearly copyrighted work without the written permission of the photographer/creator; they will be returned unscanned.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Photos are scanned in-house and ready in just a few days.
- In addition to a DVD, we can save scans to a usb drive or upload to our online site for storage
- If you need more organization, we can scan photos and organize into separate folders. additional charges apply
- We can make an index print or image catalog of all your scans. additional charges apply
- We can scan front and back of photos; each side counts as a scan.
- If you have tons of photos, no you do not have to count, we can guesstimate the number and take a deposit. When the job is complete we will have the total.